Integration has been a hot topic ever since Salesforce colored its functionalities with $6.5 billion on acquiring Mulesoft. The obvious advantage of the acquisition was for customers to connect their existing IT infrastructure into Salesforce, reducing the need for a data warehouse. Salesforce builds bridges to bring its own ‘cloud’ products closer together; now, data across any of the ‘clouds’, whether that be from Sales Cloud, Service, E-Commerce, Apps…is going to be synced more seamlessly.
Levels of Application Integration
It has become a mission-critical priority to connect disparate applications and leverage application collaboration across the enterprise in order to improve overall business efficiency, enhance scalability, and reduce IT costs.
To understand the different levels of integration and how messages are exchanged in an applications integration environment. The classification is as follows:
- Presentation level: Integration is achieved by presenting several different applications as a single application with a common user interface (UI). An advanced version of just Screen Scraping.
- Business process level: Logical processes required by an enterprise to conduct its business are usually mapped onto the cloud. By identifying individual actions in a workflow, enterprises can use applications integration to automate crucial business processes, resulting in the faster delivery of goods and services to customers, reduced chances for human error, and lower operational costs.
- Data level: By making use of an intermediate data format that can be interpreted by both sender and receiver applications. Scales better as enterprise systems grow in size and complexity.
- Communications level: Applications within an enterprise talk to each other, either through file transfer, request/reply methods, or messaging. These are called connectors that act as intermediaries between applications.
Advantages of Integration
Customer 360 ID & Integration: Universal record ID that each system will associate with – all reading from the same page. Integration to select and connect up data points from various sources – in a few clicks. Includes areas for data preparation, defining matching/reconciliation/update rules, and also a dashboard with metrics
Third Party Apps: Seamless interaction with external applications. Customers can now track and control events in external applications hassle free.
Collaborative business processes: Sales, marketing, customer service, finance, HR, and myriad other departments can buy cloud services piecemeal that best fit their function rather than choosing the most compatible one. Integration succeeds as the seamless, real-time access to data for cross-functionality purposes.
Few areas where it seeks to create an impact:-
- Sales + Finance Team SyncUp: Aligning the goals of Finance & Sales teams with visibility into Opportunity Pricing, Discounts, Revenue Recognition, etc
- Account-based Marketing: Adopting Account-based Marketing techniques with insights into Sales Pipeline impact of Marketing Campaigns on Sales
- Service Enhancement: Advancing Service Rep’s capabilities with a view into Account Details, Delivery Status, Product Upgrades available
- Obligations Management: Aligning Sales & Operations teams in ensuring delivery of Contractual Obligations
Here at Standav, we believe that Integration is solid functionality that your enterprise should incorporate. To know more, Contact us we are just a click away.